Understanding ELDT: CDL Endorsements

What are Endorsements?

Drivers who operate special types of Commercial Motor Vehicles are required to complete additional testing and training to add endorsements to their CDL.

Endorsements allow drivers to operate a wider range of vehicles such as Tankers, Double or Triple Trailers, and School Buses.

Adding an endorsement to an existing CDL can lead to better job opportunities and higher salaries for drivers.

Do I need ELDT for Endorsements?

Currently, only 3 endorsements require Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT). Those endorsement are:

Hazardous Materials (H) Endorsement

*No Behind-the-Wheel ELDT required

Passenger Vehicle (P) Endorsement

*Behind-the-Wheel ELDT also required

School Bus (S)

*No Behind-the-Wheel ELDT required

How is the Registry Organized?

The Training Provider Registry is broken down into Online, In-Person, and Traveling providers.

When searching the TPR, driver-trainees can specify the type of training that they are looking for (Class A, Class B, Passenger, School-Bus, or Hazardous Materials), the location of the training (for in-person training), and whether they need Theory or Behind-the-Wheel instruction.

Driver-trainees looking for online, theory instruction can look no further.
Here at SaferELDT
, we provide fast and affordable training that you can complete from the comfort of your home.

Get Started Today!

SaferELDT offers online ELDT courses for each of these endorsements, and has already successfully submitted hundreds of students to the Training Provider Registry.

Click below to get started on your Hazmat, Passenger Vehicle, or School Bus endorsement course today!